Explore sustainable painting practices.
With global warming and environmental issues as an ever-present aspect of our lives, artists are looking at the materials and processes in their art practice in more mindful and sustainable ways that reduce their impact on the environment.
This full-day workshop explores painting as a sustainable practice. Get introduced to artists who employ these types of approaches and learn about ways to make art that is less wasteful by including recycled and upcycled materials and/or incorporating methods for properly disposing of material waste.
You'll then learn how to incorporate sustainability into your creative process: we'll start by mapping out a plan for painting that includes exploring materials and techniques, with ways to embrace the process.
Create one or more original artworks that speak to these ideas and come away from the workshop with pieces that demonstrate a new understanding of sustainable painting practices.
- How to research, conceptualize, and plan a sustainable painting project
- Explore painting techniques and skills
- Employ sustainable painting practices including using up-cycled, found materials
- Learn how to dispose of art waste that considers the environmental impact
- Drawing / Painting
- Fine Arts
- Gallery / Museum Studies
- Visual Communications
- Writing / Research
Please bring the following materials:
- Sketchbook or notebook
- Pens, pencils, or other mark making tools