Develop your creativity with Summer Workshops!
In this immersive 5-day workshop, you will work closely with OCAD U instructors while spending time on our campus and in our studios to further develop your art and design practice.
We hope that you join us in supporting your studio art or design practice!
The Summer 2023 workshop dates are:
- Week 1: July 17 - July 21
- Week 2: July 24 - July 28
The Summer Workshops are geared towards creatives ages 15-19 who are looking to prepare their portfolio for post-secondary art & design applications.
At OCAD U, we teach our students how to be well-rounded artists and designers who can talk about their work, write about their work, present themselves, and market themselves. We set out to help them find their place in a larger community of creative makers and thinkers by encouraging them to seek out opportunities to participate, connect and collaborate with one another.
Our studios, instructors and visiting artists will help you understand more about what motivates and excites you, where your ideas come from and most importantly, who you are.
Designed with emerging artists and designers in mind, this week-long program has participants take part in various hands-on studio-based workshops that encourage process and research, creative experimentation and material skill building.
Your experience will include:
- An introduction to all Art and Design Programs at OCAD U
- Exploration of 2D and 3D practices, with both analogue and digital mediums
- A guided tour of current exhibitions at Onsite Gallery
- A talk with an emerging artist on developing a creative practice
- Instruction on how to install and document your work
- Discussion of what makes strong concepts, techniques, and references
- How to write about your art or design practice
- Leaving with finished projects or pieces that will support your creative future.
You will receive your schedule 1 week in advance of your workshop. View last year's sample schedule here
Stay tuned: Course fees are approximately $700 CAD. Actual price will be posted in March. The cost of the workshop includes supplies.
5-days of on-campus experiences featuring workshops, talks, and gallery visits.
Week 1: July 17 - July 21, 2023
Week 2: July 24 - July 28, 2023