Develop your creativity with Summer Workshops!
In this immersive workshop, you will work closely with OCAD U instructors while spending time on our campus and in our studios to further develop your art and design practice.
This 5-day workshop will run twice throughout the summer.*
- Option 1: Monday July 11 to Friday July 15 from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. EST
- Option 2: Monday July 18 to Friday July 22 from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. EST
*Please note: the same workshop will run both weeks, so content will not change.
We hope that you join us in supporting your studio art or design practice!
The Summer Workshops are geared towards creatives ages 15-19 who are looking to prepare their portfolio for post-secondary art & design applications.
At OCAD U, we teach our students how to be well-rounded artists and designers who can talk about their work, write about their work, present themselves, and market themselves. We set out to help them find their place in a larger community of creative makers and thinkers by encouraging them to seek out opportunities to participate, connect and collaborate with one another.
Our studios, instructors and visiting artists will help you understand more about what motivates and excites you, where your ideas come from and most importantly, who you are.
Each day from Monday to Friday, you will be in a different workshop led by OCAD U instructors who are also practicing artists and designers. These workshops take a hands-on, multi-disciplinary approach that will further your concepts, techniques, and knowledge of contemporary art and design practice. This includes access to our shops and studios, a tour of ONSITE Gallery, OCAD U alumni artist talks and more.
This summers' special hands-on program includes:
- Fabrication, sculpture and 3-dimensional object design
- Advertising and product ideation
- Expanded drawing and painting techniques
- Experimenting with digital media and light projection
- Designing mounts and installations for presenting your work
- A guided tour of ONSITE Gallery with work by Mi’kmaq artist, Jordan Bennett
- Visiting Artist Series: Tips on How to Develop a Professional Art or Design Practice
- A writing workshop: How to Write An Artist Statement and Bio
You will receive your schedule 1 week in advance of your workshop. View a sample schedule here
Each week-long workshop will cost around $700 CAD. The cost of the workshop includes supplies.
As always, OCAD U prioritizes the health and safety of our community. To protect our in-person learning environment, current health and safety measures include wearing of masks and vaccination requirements for students, faculty, staff and guests.
We have enhanced ventilation systems throughout the campus to ensure all spaces meet or exceed the recommended air exchange rates. And all members of our community are expected to self-monitor for symptoms and refrain from coming to campus if they show any signs of COVID-19.