Develop your creativity with Summer Workshops!
Being an artist or designer is not just about acquiring technical skill, it is also about being a strong critical, conceptual and creative thinker. At OCAD University, we teach our students how to be well rounded artists and designers who can talk about their work, write about their work, present themselves, and market themselves. We set out to help them find their place in a larger community of creative makers and thinkers by encouraging them to seek out opportunities to participate, connect and collaborate with one another.
So when you are preparing your portfolio, we want to know what motivates and excites you, where your ideas come from and most importantly, who you are. With that in mind, we developed the Summer Workshops at Home.
OCAD University’s Summer Workshops at Home are 3-week long studio experiences dedicated to help you create a finished work, or several finished pieces, for your portfolio! This programming is made for emerging artist and designers looking to pursue post-secondary education in the creative field.
While the workshops are geared towards ages 15-19, anyone is welcome to join!
About Summer Workshops
- Fully online – join from your living room!
- 6-9 hours of instruction per week. Varies by course.
- Synchronous instruction (live online with your instructor).
- Assignments between each class (can take up to 5 hours of offline creation time).
- Workshops will also be recorded for asynchronous learning.
- Closed captions will be available during live sessions.
- Build your own schedule – register for more than one!
- Work towards a finished or several finished works for your portfolio!
- Explore a new path: Courses are diverse! Try something new or pick a class that connect your other interests.
- Submit your work to an online gallery! Get the chance to show off your creations!
Workshops run from July 5 to July 30, 2021
Cost per workshop ranges from $70 - $210 CAD, depending on the length of the course.