Create a re-designed product packaging mock-up.
As designers who consider the intersection between text and image, good Graphic Design is impactful, communicative and meaningful. In this one-day workshop, you are invited to bring your ideas and understanding of Graphic Design into the fold!
You will spend time learning from examples of graphic design elements such as web layout design, interface and user experience, as well as print and publication, product packaging, environmental graphics and wayfinding.
You will then apply these examples to product and package design prototypes of your own, using such skills as process and research, ideation, colour and type use, written and visual content, and paper modelling. By the end the workshop, you can take home a re-designed product packaging mock-up which you may complete and use for your own portfolio.
• Graphic Design tools and application
• Design process from problem-solving to ideation
• Basic design type and colour use and mock-up-making skills
- Products / Packaging
- Print / Publishing
- Visual Communications
- Digital Media / Technology
Please bring the following materials:
- Sketchbook or notebook
- Pens, pencils or other mark making tools
- Canned food with paper labels to use as example (canned meat, veggies, etc.)